Welcome to Troop 22!
Amherst Boy Scout Troop 22 serves the youth of Amherst and Mont Vernon, NH. It is
part of the Arrowhead District of the Daniel Webster Council of the Boy Scouts of America. We are Chartered by the Amherst Lions club.
We meet weekly on Monday nights at the Congregational Church in Amherst from 7pm till 8:30pm. If school is not in session for the day, we do not meet.
Troop 22 is organized into several Scout Patrols. Adult guidance is provided by
the Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmasters. The Parents Committee provides additional
Troop 22 is a very active troop and provides many opportunities to earn merit badges
and advance in rank. It is not uncommon for active scouts to earn the first class
rank within their first year! For more information contact
the Troop Committee Chair.
You may also contact our Scoutmaster if you wish.
Attention Scouts BSA Leaders
Do you want to complete all your training in one weekend? If yes, then SLAW, “Scout Leader Adventure Weekend”, is for you.
What will this training provide you?
- Position specific training that will take place in the morning covering all positions in a Scoutmaster, Asst. Scoutmaster, and Troop Committee
- IOLS – This training will allow units to bring more of the outdoors to your youth. Topics that are covered range from campsite selection, meal planning to GPS.
Where and When is it?
- Hidden Valley Scout Reservation
- April 6th- 7th, this is an overnight training
If I am already Position Specific Trained, can I just attend the IOLS portion? Yes
What is the cost to attend?
- Full weekend will cost $45
- IOLS only $30
What are arrival times?
- Full Weekend – you should plan to arrive by 7:15 AM on Saturday, April 6th
- IOLS only – You should plan to arrive and register by Noon on Saturday, April 6th
Register today and be a fully trained leader in one weekend.
$45.00 per Full Weekend
$30.00 per IOLS (Only)
SCOUTMASTER, ASSISTANT SCOUTMASTER, & TROOP COMMITTEE
The purpose of Position-Specific training is to provide an active, fun, and positive learning experience for new and experienced Scout leaders to learn and apply proven techniques for running an effective Boy Scout troop. Scout leaders will gain a greater understanding of the Troop organization and how to meet the aims of Scouting by applying the eight methods of the Boy Scouting program during the four main sessions of the course:
- Patrol Method
- Support Team
- Annual Planning
||9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
||Training Center/Old Museum 300 Blodin Rd Manchester, NH
||8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
||Congregational Church, 143 Main St., Gorham, NH
||8:45 AM – 1:00 PM
||First Church, 1 Concord St., Nashua, NH
All training is also available online by creating an account and logging in here: https://my.scouting.org